Have you joined the movement? Why Dance Matters…is an exciting, brilliant movement happening on the internet. Take a moment to check it out and share your thought and feelings on why dance matters to you.
First, how much do we love that Nichelle from Dance Advantage has taken this initiative? Brilliant!
So, here we go!
Why Dance Matters…
1. Dance was the one thing above all else that truly spoke to me. I finally felt that I had ‘found the words’ and was understood.
2. When I have the rare occasion to be a student today I find that dance guides me back into living in the moment, in tandem with the music and the movement.
3. Dance, and teaching dance, gives me absolute joy!
4. There is an unspeakable beauty in giving my students the tools they need to achieve in dance, and then watching them use those tools and make connections to their physical self that they had never experienced before.
5. Living a life in dance means that you are a life long learner. Whether than means exploring new avenues in academics, learning from new teachers, or experiencing new perspectives through performance – we are learning and absorbing constantly.
6. Dance quickly became part of who I was as a teenager, and is has remained part of me throughout this life. My career has blossomed in ways that I had never imagined – because of dance.
7. Hearing my students, of all ages, express how much they love dance is the best gift I could ever receive! Best moments, ever.
8. Finally, Dance matters because it is a celebration of the human spirit. Regardless of age, whether in a studio, stage, backyard, living room, club or in a classroom – it is an expression of joy and will lift us up into joy!
I hope that you’ll take a moment to check out the movement – on Facebook, twitter, and on the Dance Advantage Blog.
Wishing you wellness in dance, and life!